26.3.09

Crawling Card Addendum

This morning, I was alone with Simeon and I had him upstairs in our bedroom while I got ready for work. I took Simeon into the bathroom with me, where he as a stockpile of toys, and closed the door behind me. I hopped in the shower (Yes, I hopped. Visualize it.). I'm lathering up with my Dove body wash and see the shower curtain move out of the corner of my eye; I look down and there he is; Simeon is looking at me and his eyes are saying, "Is it bath time and nobody told me?" I pulled the curtain back into place, and he kept pulling it back. Nearing the end of my shower, his head was soaked, and couldn't have been happier about it. I'm happy when he's happy, so I just kept splashing him. 

I moved Simeon into the bedroom and he thought my closet looked interesting enough, so he decided to go in for a closer look. I could tell he was entertained by my shoes, hats and dress socks and assumed it was safe for me to brush my teeth. 

While brushing I heard "cluh-dunk." While a cry didn't follow the "cluh-dunk" as it often does, it was alarming enough for me to stop mid-brush and see what the little guy was up to. Boy, am I glad I did.

Simeon was seated at the top step with his head cocked back, loaded with a grin that said, "hey Dad, watch this." He turned back toward the steps and lunged forward, just as I scooped him up. 

Simeon's new nickname is Charles Bronson — the dude has a death wish.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad he didn't tumble down the stairs!!! Scary! It's time for one of those gates.

    ReplyDelete